I help brands and agencies do marketing more effectively at Deloitte Digital
I post regularly to my Tumblr blog, sharing interesting links/quotes from what I read on the internet, plus classic rock videos and pics of my favorite moments from Game of Thrones and Silicon Valley.
I do videos on how to use Evernote and some song covers
25 Things I Believe In
- Systems and processes are freeing not constraining.
- Focus on what you are doing, shun distractions, practice deliberately and do the hard work others will not.
- If you have a nagging problem focus on putting more energy into it and caring more. The tactics, or how to solve the problem will come naturally.
- Information that isn’t actionable is more of a burden than beneficial. It’s a nice-to-know.
- Invest time to set things up at the beginning.
- Fight shortsightedness; think long term.
- Energy is the biggest influencer of productivity.
- Great execution over great ideas.
- The role of management is to help workers automate tasks.
- The most productive organizations are able to take care of their employees best.
- Time is money and productivity saves time.
- If organizations were more productive they would grow more and fix the unemployment problem.
- Write everything down, you will not remember.
- Carrots and sticks do motivate, but employees that care are the most effective.
- Verbs > Nouns.
- Quality wins over quantity pretty much every time, for every thing.
- Lifestyle change over dieting.
- It never hurts to ask.
- Leverage your strengths, ignore weaknesses.
- Iterate, Iterate, Iterate. Always be searching for a more efficient and effective way to get the same results.
- Do now, ask for forgiveness later.
- Always perform at your best re: Joe Dimaggio quote, “There is always some kid who may be seeing me for the first or last time, I owe him my best.”
- Nothing (a product, company, service or yourself) is sold without marketing and promotion, no matter how good that thing is.
- Ignore Everybody. Don’t waste your time comparing yourself to other people. Everybody has a unique situation.
- Be Curious, Be Resilient, Be Creative.